メアリーは小さなカメラを持っていた

8.10.10

25. BLONDE


so i'm not a natural blonde by any means. my common sense seems to be in tact, i dont have blue eyes, and my skin doesnt go bright red the minute i step into the sun (which is probably more associated with gingers, but whatever).

but i've spent all of 2010 gradually lightening my hair, probably 3-4 hours at the salon at a time, totaling up to about 2 weeks of my year spent bleaching my roots and toning my rapidly growing coiffure, and i have to say it's been worth it.

i don't know if there's any truth to the phrase blondes have more fun, i've definitely had just as much fun as a brunette, with red hair, even dark blue, but as someone who likes to change their hair as fast as some people change their relationship status, i've started to wonder why i keep coming back to the platinum blonde look that's got a hint of brown roots growing out now as i type this.

and i think i've figured it out: barbie.
this lady has been an influence on my life since i was a little girl in the soviet union. moving to canada at the age of 5 i actually told my aunt i was "going to visit barbie's house".

talk about being an ideal target market.

so here's barbie in all her glory, along with some of the un-natural blondes i've always admired; not for their hair colour per-say, but for the attitude these women have behind it, that i know this lighter shade contributes to.

"best hair in south london" someone once said to me.
i mean, there's gotta be something to it...

Barbie


Norma Jean/Marilyn Monroe



Kate Moss


Debbie Harry



Lady Gaga

Gwen Stefani

No comments:

Post a Comment